Elevated blood sugar has become common in recent decades, as the consumption of this product, sugar, has increased significantly.
The food industry daily offers us a lot of sweet products, such as carbonated drinks, sweets, chocolate, pastries … Even foods that seem completely harmless, still contain sugar. This applies to salted crackers, pasta or semi-finished products.
The deterioration in the quality of nutrition affects the health of many people and is one of the main causes of diseases such as:
- glucose intolerance
- type 2 diabetes
Increased blood sugar
Hyperglycemia, or elevated sugar, occurs when the blood glucose level is above normal. This happens when the body lacks insulin for some reason.
- The first step is to check the glucose level in the blood with a blood glucose meter.
- If your level is above 180 mg / dL, you should immediately consult a doctor, as this condition can cause serious health problems.
Methods for controlling blood sugar levels and reducing them
1.Reduce daily sugar intake
- Choose foods with a low glycemic index, but they are worth eating in limited quantities.
- Increase the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Your diet should be healthy, varied and balanced, try to eat fewer foods high in fat.
- Include in your diet, proteins and healthy carbohydrates, such as whole grains.
2.Add to your diet flax seeds
You can consume them in raw form, ground, like tincture or linseed oil. In any form they bring health benefits, for example:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Are the prevention of cancer
- Reduce bad cholesterol
Consumption of 10-20 grams of ground flax seeds for a long period of time reduces blood sugar by 20%.
Physical activity helps regulate blood glucose levels, because muscles use glucose as an energy source for movement and, therefore, the amount of sugar in the blood decreases.
You should regularly measure blood sugar levels to determine which physical activity is most appropriate for you and to avoid a sudden drop in blood sugar, which is also dangerous.
4.Drink enough water
Consumption of at least 2 liters of water daily dilutes blood, lowers the level of sugar and reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
It is very important to get enough water for the proper functioning of the kidneys, which help to raise elevated blood sugar through the urine.
- The most recommended for this are plain water and low-calorie drinks.
- Avoid sweetened drinks, because they help increase weight and increase blood glucose levels.
5.Keep stress under control
Stress can increase blood sugar, whether it is physical or mental fatigue, anxiety, problems at work, etc.
Relaxation and meditation reduce stress and lower blood sugar, in addition, they are equally useful for the body and for peace of mind.
You can practice the following exercises and relaxation methods:
They are all equally suitable for controlling the level of sugar, and also improve overall health.
Recommended Reading : best juicer in india
6.Get a good night’s sleep
Rest is necessary to maintain good health. Poor sleep affects blood sugar and insulin sensitivity.
Thus, due to the fact that you do not get enough sleep, you can increase your appetite and, accordingly, weight.
7.Add cinnamon as a food supplement in your diet
Raised sugar and cinnamon
Cinnamon has many health benefits, it can be used in the form of powder or sticks.
There are studies that state that cinnamon helps to reduce blood sugar levels to 29%. This spice acts in the same way as insulin, but much more slowly.
- Consult your physician before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
- There are many natural supplements to reduce blood sugar, which have no contraindications.
- Do not forget to maintain a healthy weight and adhere to a balanced diet.
- Periodically measure the blood sugar level.
- You should periodically take a blood test to find out the level of glucose, then the doctor will be able to give you more accurate recommendations.
If you have any doubts, you can contact a dietician so that he can choose the right diet for you.
Proper diet and healthy habits are necessary to prevent illness and maintain good health.