Ooty, a fond nickname for the station of Udagamandalam, is one of the favourite holiday destinations for tourists and travellers alike. With its spans of greenery and exotic climate, Ooty is sure to win your heart and satiate your wanderlust. To make your Ooty trip even more remarkable, it is highly recommended that you take a ride on the Ooty Toy Train to your dream station! To book your train ticket well in advance, so as to skip the humdrum of peak season and holidays or to avoid long queues at the counter, you have to reserve your Toy Train seats beforehand.
Ooty Toy Train Schedules
Before you decide on which toy train to book in advance, it’s suggested that you have a look at the Ooty Toy Train schedules. That way, you can easily compare which train ticket booking should suit you best. The following are the Ooty Toy Train timings.
From Mettupalayam to Ooty:
From Coonoor to Ooty:
From Ooty to Mettupalayam:
From Ooty to Coonoor:
All these trains run on every day of the week, including holidays.
Ooty Toy Train Ticket Charges:
The following are the base fares for your train ticket booking:
|Class||Train No.||Amount (INR)|
|Class||Train No.||Amount (INR)|
This toy-train journey runs over a short route. Therefore, first class and second class bookings are not known to have much difference.
How to Pre-Book Your Ooty Toy Train ticket?
Besides booking on the IRCTC online portal, you can easily get your train booking from any IRCTC official partner. On these online sites, you can easily access the online ticket booking portal, check the seat availability for the relevant train (e.g., Ooty Toy Train), the probability of seat confirmation, book your ticket and check PNR status of train tickets within a minute. Don’t worry! The payment is safe and encrypted, and there is an easy cancellation option too with refunds in real time. You can follow these steps for pre-booking your train ticket.
- Open the IRCTC official partner site and click the ‘Book Train Ticket’ portal.
- Enter your details into the ‘From Station’, ‘To Station’, ‘Journey Date’, ‘Class’ and ‘Quota’ sections
For example, to book the Ooty Toy Train ticket from Coonoor to Ooty, Mr Mehta enters the following:
From Station> Coonoor To Station> Udagamandalam Journey Date> 5 September 2018 Class> First Class Quota> General
- Click on ‘Search Trains’, and get your desired train list.
- Check the seat availability, schedule, route of the relevant train and if desired, you can even re-filter your choices.
For example, Mr Mehta’s suitable choice is MTP UAM PASSR (56136) after going through the details.
- Click on the ‘Book’ box of the train of choice, and check the ticket fee.
- Now, add the passenger details, trip type, contact information, address (optional) and city name. Check into the Travel insurance policy, if desired.
For example, this is the entry of Mr Deepak Mehta, Mrs Smriti Mehta and Suman Mehta.
Add Adult> Male Add Adult> Female Deepak Mehta Smriti Mehta 35 29 Add Child> Female Suman Mehta 3 Trip type> Personal Contact information> email@example.com 91256366** City> Jamnagar
- Tick into the relevant ‘auto upgradation’ and ‘Cancellation and Refund policy’ boxes and click on ‘Proceed to book’.
- Enter your IRCTC User Details. If you don’t have an IRCTC User ID yet, you can easily create a new IRCTC account for free.
- Once you are done, pay your ticket fee plus minimal service charges, if applicable, through a secure online payment gateway.
- That’s it! Download your ticket details and pack your bags for your memorable trip ahead.
This is how you book your Ooty Toy train ticket in advance and avoid the hassle and uncertainty of buying tickets at the station counter. Pre-booking your Toy Train seats will let you enjoy the beautiful scenery that the Nilgiri hills have to offer and make your Ooty trip remarkable without any kind of hassle.