Are you interested in making your career as a Radio jockey? But thinking of how to pursue it? A radio jockey job is to play music and also talk about the news, sports and hold talk shows with celebrities or even the public. Their job is certainly not an easy one as they have to work very hard during night shifts and also may face a lot of isolation due to the nature of their job. If you are planning to land a good job in the related field then you have to work hard for getting hired. A fresher or a candidate at the initial stage of their career always gets confused on how to find a meaningful career. These tips will help you find one.
Educational qualification required: Radio jockeying is solely based on talent. No formal education is required for this job. A degree in any field or at least intermediary is required.
How to get a good radio jockey job? This is the question which often comes in front of the job seekers. To overcome this question you have to prepare well for the interview. An interview is the first step that secures your position in the desired company. It often scares people and those who are facing for the first time are unable to handle the pressure. So, to overcome this hurdle these will help you achieve the desired result.
There are few tips and tricks which help you get a good job in the related industry:
- Create an effective resume: Resume represents your first impression on the recruiter. It should be well written without spelling mistakes. Use different font style in order to differentiate the section. Mention your skills and educational qualifications with bold font. Ensure that it should be written properly for the better chances. You can also hire employees who are the pro at writing these. Online patterns are also available for your convenience.
- Search for the company: You need to reassure yourself by checking the background of the company in which you are hiring. Visit the studio or restaurant in which you want to work. The interviewer is asking several questions about the position you are securing. So, research properly about the employer as well.
- Job portals: There are numerous job portals available in the market which provides you ample job opportunities. Search online as the internet gives you the required information. Upload your resume on various job portals like Monster India, Indeed, and Naukri. If the required vacancy came, you will automatically be notified by the company through email or phone calls.
- Prepare for the interview questions: You must ensure that the answers are given correctly and to the point. If you are confident enough then the interviewer gets the right impression. Practice online for the frequent questions that are asked. Also, prepare some music sample for the interviewer to know more about your skills.
- Brush your soft skills: Before entering the interview hall, maintain your posture, keep your calm and behave properly. Dress in formal attire with minimum accessories and makeup. Sit properly and be confident while taking. Although creativity is needed in these businesses but remembers to remain subtle.
- Suitable referral: Getting a suitable referral before appearing in the interview helps in increasing your chances. Referral from the inside adds your chances of securing the position without any difficulties.
- Be creative: Creative thinking is the core ingredient in making your career successful. Creative approach revolves around your business and ultimately helps in your growth process. Listeners will only follow those who bring new and innovative ideas to the floor.
- Get Social: Use of social network is an effective approach to getting a good job. Communicate with friends and families who have engaged in the business as they are of some help. The social site like Facebook has an effective access to people and it will help you find the desired result by uploading your resume. Getting social in these type of business will help you a lot.
- Newspaper and Magazines: Newspaper is also one of the reliable sources for finding a good job. There is a separate section available for the job vacancies and candidates are advised to look at them every day. Magazines also provide the same for the seekers. There is an employment section attached to these sources which are categorized according to different types of jobs.
Here is the list of the tips which help candidates to get the suitable Radio Jockey jobs that match their profile. Monster India as one of the leading job portals connects job seekers with relevant jobs so they can build meaningful careers. Upload your updated CV to www.monsterindia.com and never miss any golden opportunity.
Author bio:Arpana Sharma is a passionate content writer who writes articles related to jobs and career opportunities in various profile. She also writes about varied topics such as tourist spots, temples and loves to explore them.