One of the most sought after exams in the Banking Industry, the IBPS Clerk exam is an annually conducted recruitment to appoint clerical cadre staff in the various participating Public Sector Banks across the country.
Each year, the number of aspirants have seen a massive increase, thereby, increasing the competition. Qualifying this exam is not as easy as one may think of. Thus, to help candidates achieve their goal of cracking this examination, tips to score more in the IBPS Clerk exam have been discussed further below in this article.
The selection process for the clerical post in IBPS comprises two stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
The preliminary phase in only qualifying in nature and the marks scored in this stage is not included in the final merit. The final shortlisting of candidates is done based on the marks scored by them in the mains examination and then based on preferences and number of vacancies, Banks are allotted to the candidates.
Seeing the trend from the past few years, it can be observed that the cut-off marks also been gradually increasing which is why candidates need to prepare with the correct approach and strategy to score more in the exam. To learn more about the IBPS Clerk Result and the steps to check it, candidates can visit the linked article.
Important Points For Better Scores in the IBPS Clerk Exam
Refer to the important pointers given below for improved scores in the upcoming IBPS Clerk exam:
- Look for Online/ Offline Assistance, if needed – It is entirely the candidate’s decision to either prepare at home or opt for a Guide/ Coaching for assistance. But candidates must ensure they refer to some online or offline resource which may help them clear their doubts and help them get a better understanding of the concept.
- Solve more and more questions from each topic – This will give you an idea of what type of questions can be framed and what can be the possible tricks to answer them quickly
- Refer to Time-based Practise Papers – A lot of online portals provide free time-based practice papers where candidates can solve mock tests based on the exact same exam pattern as asked in the exam. This will enable them to review their performance and also apprehend which sections turn out to be more time consuming and need more practice
- Analyse the Previous Year Question Papers – Although the questions asked every year are completely different, yet there are certain topics from which questions are asked more frequently. Candidates can analyse the previous year papers and know the important topics and emphasize more on their preparation
- Check the Previous year cut off marks – Analysing the trend increase or decrease in the minimum qualifying marks will enable candidates estimate an approximate range between which the cut-off marks may vary and accordingly they can prepare themselves
There are three major factors which help in deciding the sectional as well as overall cut off marks:
- Number of Vacancies
- Difficulty Level of the Exam
- The number of applicants
Considering these factors, the minimum qualifying marks are declared by the conducting body. Interested candidates can check the previous year IBPS Clerk Cut Off at the linked article.
There are various other factors which may help candidates score more in the upcoming examination, these include regular revisions, systematic study plan, focussed and disciplined preparation, determination and optimistic approach.
Aspirants must make sure they go through the above-mentioned tips for better performance and increased scores in the IBPS Clerk exam 2020 scheduled to be conducted by the end of the year.