“I received the MBOX file with all the important emails from my client but I am not able to open them. I use Windows Outlook on my system. I know that Outlook supports .pst file format, not MBOX. Still, I tried to open MBOX file in Outlook PST. Nothing worked! Now, I am stuck and do not know what to do. Please suggest me a reliable and simple way using which I can open .mbox file in Outlook 2016.”
There are many email clients and each email client supports specific file format. Sometimes, the user needs to view the file of one email client into another. In this case, all depends upon the file format in which the data is present. Similarly, when the user tries to explore Thunderbird MBOX file in Outlook then it would not open. This is because Outlook does not support .mbox file format. Most of the users are not able to find the perfect solution to open Thunderbird MBOX file in Outlook 2016. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to introduce a perfect solution using which the user can easily Open MBOX file in Outlook.
Need for Opening MBOX File in Outlook 2016
There can be many reasons due to which the user wants to view MBOX file in Outlook 2016. The user wants to migrate from Apple Mail to Outlook for Windows, in this case, he/she need to open all Thunderbird MBOX data into Windows Outlook. Most of the times, the user is not able to store complete data in .mbox file as it offers very limited storage. As a result of which the user has to face corruption issues in the Thunderbird file. Whereas, Outlook offers a great storage space for the users to store data.
Reliable Solution to Open MBOX File in Outlook 2016
The user can open and access Thunderbird MBOX file in Outlook by using following steps explained below. This method is divided into two steps that are:
- Convert .mbox to .pst using SysTools MBOX to Outlook Converter
- Import the PST into Outlook
Step 1: Convert MBOX to PST via SysTools MBOX to Outlook Converter
In this step, the user has to migrate Thunderbird MBOX file into PST file format. As Outlook supports PST file format. For this, it is advised to use SysTools MBOX to Outlook Converter. Steps to convert MBOX file to PST are given below:
- First, download and install tool on your system and launch it
- To add single or multiple .mbox files click on the “Add File”
- Now, select the supported email application which is installed on your system
- After that, In “Selection Option”, choose the required option.
Default Profile Configured: This option will allow the utility to automatically fetch the data from its default location.
Select File(s)/folder from File System: This option permits the user to select the .mbox files from the desired location.
Here, Default Profile Configured option is selected. Now, click on the Next button. The configured email is processed and the software will start fetching .mbox file automatically.
Note: If you select Select File(s)/folder from File System option then you have to manually browse the MBOX file.
- Click on the “Process” button. The utility will load all the emails you can preview MBOX emails, attachments, switch from the view mode that is “Horizontal” or “Vertical View”
- Now, you can select “All folder” or “Selected folders” to export as per your needs
- Select the type of file in which you want to migrate MBOX file. You have to select “PST file format”
- Choose the destination location where you want to save your file and then click on the “Export” button
- After that process will begin. Once the exporting process is completed click on the “OK” button.
After performing the Step 1, all your MBOX files will be converted into PST file format. To access them in Outlook you have to follow the Step 2 given below.
Step 2: Import PST file to Outlook
- First, open “MS Outlook” on your local machine
- Now, go to “File” tab and then click on “Open” >> “Export” option
- You will see multiple options here, select “Import/Export option”
- You have to select Import from another program or file option and then click on the Next button
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on the “Next” button
- Now, you have to browse the PST file which you want to import and then click on the Next button
- Choose the desired options for importing items and click on the “Finish” button
Many users face issues while open MBOX file in Outlook 2016. They are not able to find a simple yet smart solution. Therefore, in the above section, we have discussed a step by step method to open and view Thunderbird .mbox file in Outlook 2016. Additionally, the user does not have to face data loss problems while working with MBOX to Outlook Converter. The user just has to follow the steps mentioned above in an accurate way.